The CHA TD 2.0 is a broadband High Frequency (HF) antenna specially designed for short to long range portable and man-pack HF communication, where portability and rapid deployment are essential. The TD 2.0 is 30% lighter and simpler to setup and takedown than the original Tactical Dipole and incorporates product improvements based on experience gained through several years of rigorous field use in a wide variety of operational environments. The antenna will operate from 1.8 – 54 MHz without any adjustment and an antenna tuner or coupler is usually not required. To enhance transportability of the antenna, a versatile and durable military-style duffel bag / backpack is included.
The CHA TD 2.0 is ideal for military, government agencies, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), Military Affiliate Radio System (MARS), Civil Air Patrol (CAP), Amateur Radio Emergency Service (ARES) / Radio Amateur Civil Emergency Service (RACES), Salvation Army Team Emergency Radio Network (SATERN), and amateur radio operators (hams) involved in field communication and disaster preparedness. The CHA TD 2.0 is configurable to facilitate Near-Vertical Incident Sky wave (NVIS) communication and its broadband design supports Automatic Link Establishment (ALE), frequency-hopping, and spread-spectrum modes. The CHA TD 2.0 can be deployed by the operator in the field in approximately 10 minutes, using almost any available support, with no masts or guying required.
- Frequency: 1.8 MHz through 54.0 MHz continuous (including all Amateur Radio Service bands 160m to 6m). An antenna tuner or coupler is usually not required.
- Power: 100 W continuous duty cycle (AM, FM, RTTY, and all digital modes), 250W CW, and 500W PEP SSB Telephony.
- Water Resistant equivalent to IPX-4 (not laboratory tested)
- RF Connection: UHF Plug (PL-259).
- SWR: Typically, less than 2.0:1, subject to frequency and configuration
- Length: 170 ft (maximum), 60 ft (minimum).
- Space Required: 163 feet (maximum), 55 feet (minimum).
- Weight: 4.2 lbs.
The antenna system consists of:
2 X 60’ Copper Clad KEVLAR PTFE (Teflon) (-70°C to 150°C) wire
2 X 25’ Copper Clad KEVLAR PTFE (Teflon) (-70°C to 150°C) wire
2 X 300 Ohm Termination Resistors (300W SSB or 100W CW)
1 X 50’ Mini-Paracord
4 X Tent Stakes
1 X 50’ RG-58 (PL-259 connectors) & Integrated RFI Choke
1 X Bag
1 X Transformer Unit
All Stainless Steel Hardware